In a recent list of highest paid CEOs, Indian origin Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella topped it surpassing Larry Ellison of Oracle who held the position for a long time.
The Equilar 100 CEO Pay Study that focused on CEO pay checks in 100 largest public U.S. companies, was published in the New York Times and the study clearly focused on Nadella’s compensation that stands at $84 million per annum, followed by Oracle’s Larry Ellison at $67 million.
However, the list based on executive compensation and corporate governance, could not reveal the details of his incease this year and amount of change as he joined on February 4, 2014 and did not complete 2 years to monitor the change, it said.
Otherwise, Morgan Stanley’s three heads come on top 10 list list whereas Rupert Murdoch is still drawing less than half of what Microsoft CEO takes home.
The top 10 CEO with highest pay checks:
1. Satya Nadella — Microsoft (MSFT) — $84,308,755
2. Larry Ellison — Oracle (ORCL) –$67,261,251
3. Steven M. Mollenkopf — Qualcomm (QCOM) — $60,740,592
4. Robert A. Iger — Walt Disney (DIS) — $43,701,750
5. Larry J. Merlo –CVS Health (CVS) –$24,285,460
6. K. Rupert Murdoch –21st Century Fox (FOXA) –$23,866,871
7. W. James McNerney, Jr. –Boeing (BA) –$23,511,823
8. James P. Gorman –Morgan Stanley (MS) –$23,074,646
9. David M. Cote –Morgan Stanley (MS) –$22,958,590
10. Kenneth I. Chenault — Morgan Stanley (MS) –$22,378,158 .